I am an award-winning news editor for Professional Pensions, primarily writing on law and regulation for UK occupational pension schemes, but also de-risking and investment.
I joined the team in June 2016 as a correspondent before being promoted to senior correspondent in December 2017, and then news editor in January 2019.
I have also been published by Professional Adviser, The Independent, the i Paper, The Times' Red Box, The Guardian, BusinessGreen, and Backbench, writing on a variety of topics.
I was also the Editor of Redbrick, the University of Birmingham's student newspaper, between June 2014 and June 2015.
I previously studied a MA in Newspaper Journalism at City University London, for which I achieved a Merit.
While on my course at City University London, I achieved a speed of 100 words per minute in Teeline shorthand, and studied a specialism in crime and security reporting.
My experience has gained me a number of awards including:
- Trade Journalist of the Year; The Society of Pension Professionals (2018)
- Gold winner for business/specialist trade journalist; MHP 30 to Watch Young Journalist Awards (2018)
- The Personal Skills Award; The University of Birmingham (2015)
- Winner of Tactile Category; The Times' Build The News competition (2014)
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality and Diversity; MidKent College (2012)
- Campaign of the Year; National Union of Students (2012)
- Changemaker TryAngle award; Medway Youth Parliament (2012)
- Outstanding Contribution to Learner Voice; MidKent College (2011)
I was also:
- Shortlisted for Pensions Journalist of the Year (B2B), Headline Money (2018)
- Shortlisted for Best Editorial/Content Person; Incisive Media (December 2017)
- Shortlisted for Best Newcomer; State Street Institutional Press Awards (2017)
- Shortlisted for Best Journalist; Incisive Media (February 2017)
- Highly Commended for Best Newcomer; Incisive Media (February 2017)
- Shortlisted for Best Newcomer; State Street Institutional Press Awards (2016)
- Shortlisted for School Council Awards; House of Commons Speaker (2012)
For more information, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.